You read the title right. A fish tank computer, or an aquarium PC computer, is now a thing. Some are calling it a Macquarium (if you use a Mac), and we suppose that others may call it a PC fish tank. Either way, check these out:
Turn your old computer PC into a fish tank computer or aquarium PC:
Warning! We don’t want any fish to die during this build so make sure you know what you’re doing, and ideally contact an expert!!!
- Materials: PC monitor, plexiglas, epoxy, duck tape, permanent glue, foam
- Tools: safety glasses, work gloves, hammer, rotary tool, pliers, strong tape
- Remove screws
- Keep the monitor’s shape and don’t break it – combine the Plexiglas into the screen
- Attach the plastic to the glass, and then paint the background of the tank
- Fill up the computer with water, and safely install fluorescent bulbs.
- Insulate the tank!
Read the full, awesome guide here.
[Build Complete] Aquarium Computer (mineral oil submerged)