Fish Tank Coffee Table Fun Glossary
- What Exactly is a Fish Tank Coffee Table?
- Aquarium Fish Tank Coffee Table Reviews
- Shapes and Sizes
- Questions, Answers, & Tips
A fish tank coffee table, also known as an aquarium coffee table as well as a fish tank dining table, is essentially a fish tank that doubles as a coffee table that you can place in your living room. So, instead of your traditional (boring) coffee table, you can have a table filled with water, surrounded by glass, with fish swimming around. Pretty cool eh?
Why Should You Buy an Aquarium Coffee Table?
Depending on your budget, a fish tank coffee table could be a great investment for your home.
For starters, you will likely be the only home on your block putting coffee mugs on top of fish tanks! When you have guests over, your coffee table with fish swimming inside of it will be an immediate conversation starter.
Are There Health Benefits to Having a Fish Tank in Your Living Room?
You betcha. There are numerous health benefits for having a fish tank, and even more so to owning a fish tank coffee table. Sitting down with your coffee, entertaining guests, and having conversation, all the while with pretty tropical fish swimming happily just below you, filled with a vibrancy for life – what could be mentally more warming than that? Watching fish swim is immensely good for your health.
What is the Cost of Operating a Fish Tank Coffee Table?
The coffee table fish tank itself can run you anywhere from $200 to $2000. In order to spare you the research, we have gone ahead and reviewed what we believe are the best fish tank coffee tables available on the market, and our reviews are below. In addition to the actual coffee table fish tank that will sit pleasantly in your living room, it’s important to keep in mind that there are other costs: fish food, tank decorations (we reviewed a few DIY fish tank decorations to spare you the costs), tank cleaning supplies, and buying actual fish. These are all topics that we will cover in our blog.
We have gone ahead and reviewed the most popular fish tank coffee tables on the market:
68 Gallon Square Coffee Table Aquarium, Fish Ready with Light and Filter
Aquariums are always interesting, and refreshing, and how cool it would be, to have one as your coffee table? This Aquarium Coffee Table is surely an attractive addition for your place, which will not only enhance the beauty of your place but will also bring good vibes to your place.
68 Gallon Square Coffee Table Aquarium is worth every penny for two reasons, and those are:
– It comes with all things set, already, meaning you don’t have to wait long, for your aquarium coffee table to get delivered to you, have fish, lighting system installation, filtration installation, etc. Most of the features mentioned here will be inbuilt, meaning, all you need to do, order for the product, wait for its delivery, and savor its beauty.
– The design 68 Gallon has got a simple design, which is also elegant and sophisticated. These features make this coffee table aquarium fit in anywhere in your house.
What makes this 68 Gallon Square Coffee Table Aquarium, unique?
– The cleaning of 68 Gallon Aquarium is made a lot easy, with the glass tank body, and the glass table top. Scratches are common, in the case of acrylic, which is not a problem with the glass.
– The lighting fixtures are installed beneath the wine tank, which makes the aquarium watching, less stressful, as these lights do not have any harm for your eyes. These LED lights in this Aquarium Coffee Table keep the internal environment; warm also improves the aesthetics of your Aquarium.
– With the built-in ecological filtration, your plants, and water pets can have a care-free life, while you can spend some of your quality time with the beauty of your Aquarium.
– You will not need any aid for installation; all you need to do is to fill the tank with water and help the built-in features get into it. All this can be done, by yourself.
– The entire piece is not as heavy as it looks in the photo; it just weighs around 150 pounds. With the majority of the essential built-in features, black gravels, one unique plant, fish, etc., Aquarium Coffee table makes a very good gift too.
– Another reason why 68 Gallon coffee table aquarium is amazing is that it will not only make a good aesthetic accessory but can be used as a regular table too. With 68 Gallon capacity, your fishes will have a whole lot if space to swim, entertain you, and lastly help you relax.
Buy on Amazon: 8 Gallon Square Coffee Table Aquarium, Fish Ready with Light and Filter
Modrest Aquarium – Modern Glass Coffee Table
When setting out to be buy a fish tank coffee table, many people are lured in by the complex and hexagonal shaped tanks. While these are indeed attractive for a living room, sometimes it is better to spend your money on a more simple, sleek, and modern option.
The Modrest Aquarum is a modern glass coffee table fish tank, who’s minimalist design is actually quite popular in modern living rooms. With an oak veneer base, stainless steel feet, and clear tempered glass, this modern glass fish tank coffee table aquarum is perfect for your living room.
Although the Modrest acquairum looks almost too-simple, it can definitely be tailored toward your design tastes. Feel free to add decorations, sand, seaweed, and of course, tropical fish to give some much needed color to this living room coffee table tank for fish.
What makes the Modrest aquarium unique?
- Minimalist and contemporary design
- Strong and sturdy construction
- Elegant Style
- Rounded Glass Table Top
- Excellent Craftsmanship
Modrest Sizes and Dimensions:
|Item Weight||102 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||50 x 26 x 15 inches|
|Assembled Height||15 inches|
|Assembled Width||26 inches|
|Assembled Length||50 inches|
Aqua Coffee Table 28 Gallon Aquarium
Are you a lover of Aquarium life? Here is the ideal thing for you to gift yourself- Aqua Coffee Table 28 Gallon Aquarium.
What makes Aqua Coffee Table 28 Gallon Aquarium, an interesting accessory are the- shape, look and design. This Aquarium Coffee Table, not mere a coffee table, and is much more than that.
There are lot many things that make Aqua Coffee Table 28 Gallon Aquarium, a better choice, over others. This aqua coffee table has irresistibly stunning hexagonal design, which will make you fall in love with it, with the first look.
In spite of having the lesser capacity, the Aquarium looks big and spacious.
What makes Aqua Coffee Table 28 Gallon Aquarium, unique?
– With just 28 Gallons capacity, this Coffee Table aquarium has a lot of space, for your fish, gravels, plants, and other decorative objects.
– The lighting fixtures are beneath the sparkling dark-blue gravels, which add an extra beauty to your Aquarium. Be prepared to hear some really nice compliments from those who visit your house.
– The feeding spot is on the sides; that way it won’t interfere with the aquarium’s overall appearance. But, do not forget to give the necessary attention that your fish and decorative plants, deserve.
– This coffee table aquarium has acrylics and glass in its construction, which makes the product, not so heavy to carry.
– So what comes with this aquarium?
The filters, aerator, and decorative plants are the goodies that come with the aquarium.
With all these features, you cannot run out of things that you need to talk about, now; getting glued to your aquarium is something that you would do when you purchase this aquarium-cum-coffee table.
Quick information about Aqua Coffee Table 28 Gallon Aquarium–
- The weight of the aquarium is around 56 pounds, which makes it less troublesome to handle. For the installation, you will hardly need any help, as the manual will have every bit of information, you will need.
- Water type- Fresh Water
- Base material and Aquarium tank body material is the Acrylic; however, the table top is made out of glass.
- The product Warranty is one year.
- The fish tank is hexagonal in shape, and this alone gives a luxurious look to your aquarium. There is no wonder if people start visiting your place, just to have a look at your Fish Tank. Let them have a look at it with a little boasting of yours…
Long Octagon Aqua Coffee Table Aquarium
If you are planning to have a Coffee Table that is both functional and attractive, then you must opt for the Coffee Table Aquarium. As these can be highly functional and visually-appealing and helps you relax quickly.
So, what makes Long Octagon Aqua Coffee Table Aquarium, unique and a must-buy product?
– Firstly, it is the design. The design of this Coffee Table Aquarium is very intriguing, in spite of being a simple one. This simple design has another advantage, and that is, it will be easy for you to clean and maintain this fish tank. If you have not thought of cleaning the fish tank regularly, then you have to think seriously about it. As it is the cleaning or the personal care that will make this furniture look great!!!
– Another good reason to opt for this product is that, its price is pocket-friendly. If you are on a tight budget, but also, want to have a Coffee Table Aquarium, then Long Octagon Aqua Coffee Table Aquarium from Midwest Tropical Fountain would be an ideal choice, as this provides good value for money.
– The tank body and the table top, both are made of acrylic, which means, your tanks will be less susceptible to breakage and other damages. If you have got kids in your house, then think of no other Coffee table Aquarium, but this.
– This coffee table Aquarium is carefully designed and is leakage proof, which again will be largely beneficial, with small kids in your house.
– Sparkling blue glass gravels will make the illumination more dramatic and alluring. Been a long time, since you heard praises from your family or relatives? Have this aquarium in your home, and you can be sure of an ocean of praises and appreciation. The elegant and the sleek beauty, this aquarium has got, is something that you see nowhere else.
– Along with this fish tank, you would be getting a filter pump, decoration plants and extension cord. The two-stage filter-pump will usually be submerged within the tank.
– As said earlier, the functionality of this Coffee Table Aquarium is highly appreciable; you can either place your cordless phone on the table top or just spread your magazines and other books.
- The tank dimension is Length: 30″ x Width: 30″ x Height: 16″
- The tabletop dimension is Length: 38″ x Width: 38″
- Product weight – 90 pounds
- Tank body and table top material –Acrylic
36gl Rectangle Coffee Table Fish Tank, (fish ready with hidden filter and LED lights)
If you are particularly looking for a pure glass aquarium, without any acrylic in it, then 36GL Rectangle Coffee Table Aquarium, from AquaVim is the best choice for you. This fish tank coffee table aquarium has a very simple design, and can beautifully blend in any given room.
There are a lot many reasons for you to go for this Coffee Table, and the biggest reason is the aesthetics. No other material aquarium can look as beautiful as a glass aquarium.
Unique Features for this Awesome Rectangle Fish Tank Coffee Table:
– AquaVim 36 GL Rectangle Coffee Table Aquarium has got a simple shape, which actually makes the aquarium, more spacious for your fishes and also makes the view, alluring.
– AquaVim Coffee Table Fish Tank Aquarium comes with a leakage-proof feature which, which means that this aquarium is comparatively durable than other aquariums.
– The glass material of this fish tank coffee table is usually impact-resistant. When the aquarium is being cleaned, it is pretty normal for you to use the brush. These type of cleaning leads to scratches on the interior walls, in the case of other types of aquarium, and however, this is not the case with the glass aquariums. It is going to appear brand-new for a long time.
– Acrylic aquariums tend to lose their transparency and become dull over time, which is not the case with the glass aquariums. Glass aquariums will have same brightness over the years, with regular cleaning and proper maintenance.
– The tropical theme of this fish tank coffee table aquarium blends beautifully with the LED illumination that is directed towards the fish tank.
– The beautiful view of your aquarium will not be interfered by the filters or the pump, as this equipment setup has a separate column.
– Both the tank and the coffee table are attached to the rollers, with which the setup can be moved from one place to another, effortlessly.
– AquaVim provides excellent value for money and is highly affordable too. With all these features, lastly, this coffee table aquarium will be a perfect attractive addition for any room, and the functionality is no less either. Due to its rectangular shape, it offers ample space on the table top, which can be used for your work, discussion, or anything.
– You get everything from the pump to the gravels; all you need to do is, pour water and choose the right fish for your aquarium, and put them there.
Basic Information for the Rectangle Fish Tank Coffee Table
- This fish tank coffee table tank dimension is 40 x 21 x 20 inches
- Product Weight – 130 pounds
- Tank body and Table top material – Glass
Midwest Tropical: Aqua End Table Aquarium
This living room aquarium coffee table is perfect for holding your coffees, teas, beers, and sodas, while enjoying a chat in your living room, perhaps next to a few magazines and books.
The fish tank coffee table is innovatively designed, and can fit into even the most luxurious feng shui styles of homes.
- This particular aquarium coffee table offers a great, soothing atmosphere for the fish, with tons of room for them to explore their new deep-water habitat.
- This fish tank rests on a black acrylic pedestal, and this table aquarium is illuminated from underneath, with a bed of blue glass gravel.
- Contains lighting, extension cords, decorative plants for the fish to feel like your living room is a deep water sea or ocean floor.
- Contains a two-stage submersible filter pump to keep your fish tank water fresh and filtered.
- There is also a solid I&” tempered glass top completes the system designed to provide years of enjoyment.
Basic Information for the Aqua End Table Aquarium
- Contains solid tempered glass top to provide natural room light to the fish (and any sunlight that appears in your living room). Length of the glass top: 24″ x Width: 24″
- Base: Length: 15 1/2″ x Width: 15 1/2″ x Height: 20″
- Holds 15 gallons of water.
Check out this great DIY video for making your very own fish tank coffee table:
|Rectangle 36 gallons 40″L x 20″W x 21″H|
|Rectangle 48 gallons 48″L x 24″W x 21″H|
|Rectangle 85 gallons 61″L x 34″W x 21″H|
|Square 68 gallons 40″L x 40″W x 21″H|
|Corner (triangle) 21 gallons 42″L x 30″W x 21″H|
|Hexagon 50 gallons 44″L x 39″W x 21″H|
|Pentagon 50 gallons 43″L x 41″W x 21″H|
|Half circle 60 gallons 60″L x 25″W x 30″H|
|Half circle 110 gallons 77″L x 32″W x 30″H|
|Full circle 50 gallons 39″L x 39″W x 21″H|
|Full circle 70 gallons 47″L x 47″W x 21″H|
|Twin-square 50 gallons 54″L x 27″W x 21″H|
|Twin-square 77 gallons 76″L x 32″W x 21″H|
|Twin-half-circle 120 gallons 72″L x 60″W x 31″H|
|Oval 55 gallons 55″L x 28″W x 21″H|
|Dining table/desk 75 gallons 61″L x 36″W x 31″H|
|Conference desk 320 gallons 105″L x 62″W x 32″H|
We often receive questions about living room table fish tanks, so we answered the most popular questions below:
Living Room Fish Tank Table Tips: The Do’s and Don’ts
- Fish are an excellent pet to have. They are clean and don’t need to be groomed. The benefits of having a fish as a pet do not just end there. Instead, having a fish tank in your house or workplace is excellent for your health as well. Watching fish tanks are known to calm one down and hence help in controlling blood pressure.
- However, owning a fish tank does come with its challenges. Here are a few tips that might be helpful for you:
How to fix a cloudy fish tank coffee table?
- Sometimes the fish tank starts to exhibit a cloudy look. This may occur due to the color of the water. The first thing you must do is see what the color of the cloudiness is.
- Different colored water requires different measures to be taken. For instance, gravel which isn’t properly rinsed can cause cloudiness and is not a sign of any danger.
What to do when many fish die?
- You woke up one day to discover that quite a few of your pets are no more. Apart from mourning the death of your little companion, you must test the water to see if it is the culprit. If a bunch of fishes dies in a short period, generally the quality of water is not correct.
- Check to see if the aquarium filter and heater are doing their job. To avoid such fatalities from happening, make a point of regularly cleaning and checking the water of the fish tank. Aquarium maintenance is crucial for the lives of your fish.
How to remove an under-gravel filter in your fish tank coffee table:
- Changing filters is always a hassle. However, if you know how to do it properly it may not seem as hard. After you have purchased a new and superior quality aquarium filter, don’t just replace the under-gravel filter with it right away. Instead, for a month, operate the two filters together. This is because it takes roughly a month for a filter to have a colony of advantageous bacteria thriving within it.
- After the month elapses, it is time to remove the under-gravel filter. To do so, begin by removing the aquarium water and transferring it into buckets. Transfer your fishes into the bucket as well. Take out all the aquarium gravel and proceed to remove the filter. Rinse the aquarium gravel thoroughly to ensure effective waste removal. You can also choose to replace the gravel if you have the budget.
- Remember, don’t through away the aquarium water. Instead, the same water will be poured into the fish tank after you have removed the under-gravel filter.
Problems of removing water and washing gravel when your fish becomes sick
- When your little pet starts getting sick, your first instinct is to change the water and gravel that surrounds it. This is not a good idea. While you might think that doing so will kill the harmful bacteria in the water, the truth is that it also removes all the beneficial bacteria that live in the gravel, water, and filter system. These bacteria are essential for the health of your fish. Without them, the water quality deteriorates.
- Therefore, removing water and gravel worsens the quality of water, which in turn will further affect the health of your fish. Don’t shock them into a life sentence by changing their water suddenly. Instead, add a prescribed medicine to the tank. Even if you have to change the water, do so slowly. For instance, remove 5% after three days and 10% after a week.
How often to feed your fish in the coffee table fish tank?
- You need to be very careful about how much you feed your fish. The ideal amount is one that they can consume in two minutes. Fishes can survive if they are fed every other day. Moreover, even if you feed them every day, only do so once. Such instances are advised if you also have carnivores in your tank. This is because providing it with constant food ensures that it doesn’t eat away your fishes.
- It is important for you to know how much you are feeding your fish. For example, if one member of your family has done so, you should know about it so that you don’t feed the fish again. This is necessary because fishes tend to take food into their mouth even if they are full. They then spit it out, which causes an increase in ammonia levels in the water.
- Getting a small bottom feeder guarantees that you don’t kill your fish by overfeeding it. One of the species of fish that are excellent candidates for small bottom feeders are the Cory catfishes.
Choosing the best filter for freshwater aquarium tables:
- It is hard to pinpoint one product which can claim to be the best filter. There is no consensus about which product is the best for a freshwater aquarium. Instead, it all depends on what your needs are. You see, there are different types and sizes available of aquarium filters. Moreover, they also differ from one another on the basis of included features.
- Here, the best option for you depends on the size of your fish tank and how many fishes you are planning to stock in it. Since different product will require different levels of maintenance, make sure you choose a filter that best satisfies your need for convenience.
Usability of an under-gravel filter for a freshwater aquarium table
- There was a time when under-gravel filters were all the rage. With the development of new and better-quality filters, under-gravel filters have lost their value and role. Now, they are seen as outdated and not capable of filtering freshwater aquarium on their own.
- What they do succeed in doing is delivering an additional source of water flow. These filters are known to lift the gravel bed up since the filter itself sits an inch above the bottom of the tank. This feature allows the water to flow to all parts of the tank, thereby eliminating the chances of an ammonia buildup.
- You should consider adding an under-gravel filter because of the benefits it provides. It encourages the growth of beneficial bacteria under the gravel. This provides the organism with a larger surface area to thrive. Therefore, while the filter may not be as advantageous on its own, it does deliver excellent value as an add-on.
- But, there are a few flaws that you should know about. When you add an under-gravel filter, all the organic waste of the fishes is pushed down onto the gravel bed. They may also accumulate under the filter plate and hence get hard to remove. This means that if you choose to add this filter, you must make a point of using a gravel cleaner to clean the tank.
Importance of an aquarium coffee table heater
- You must equip your fish tank with a premium quality aquarium coffee table heater. A heater performs the role of a thermostat that allows you to regulate the temperature. No freshwater fish is capable of tolerating sudden drops and increases in temperature. An aquarium heater ensures that this never happens.
- The heater is not operational 24/7. Instead, it automatically turns on only when the water temperature becomes too low or too high. If you are planning to place the fish tank in a basement, a heater is a necessity. This is because such a room tends to feature temperature fluctuations. While some fishes don’t require a constant temperature, others do. To be one the safe side, it is best to buy an aquarium heater.
Importance of a thermometer in a freshwater aquarium coffee table
- How can you know whether the heater is doing its job or not? Well, for this you need an aquarium thermometer. If you choose to add a heater to the filter, you must accompany it with a thermometer.
- Accidents do occur. Sometimes you turn the dial of the heater up without realizing what you are doing t such a time, you won’t be able to notice the temperature hike without a thermometer. For your peace of mind and for the lifespan of your fish, it is advised that you buy a thermometer. It does not demand a huge share of your wallet and so budget should not stop you from purchasing it.
- Make sure that you place the thermometer on the opposite side of the heater. This will allow you to gauge the general temperature of the water. If you see all your fishes huddled near the heater, this is a sign for you to increase the temperature of the water. But, don’t increase it too much!
Role of an air stone in the wellbeing of tropical fishes
- Air stones are perfect for tropical fishes. They add more air to the tank which is beneficial for the health of these fish. By adding air stones, you are regulating the chemicals that exist in the water. For instance, oxygen is added through it.
- Furthermore, air stones help in circulating water in the fish tanks and render the chance of the water remaining stagnant unlikely. By doing so, it guarantees that no harmful gasses are accumulated in any given spot of the aquarium.
- Adding air stones also reduce the number of water changes needed. Hence, it is bound to be a source of convenience for you.
How to figure out the volume of the fish tank table
- In order to calculate the volume of your fish tank, first begin by measuring the height, width, and length of the fish tank. Do so in inches. Then multiply the three and divide the result by 231. This will give you the volume in Gallons.
- For example, a fish tank has the following measurements:
- 55 inches length
- 20 inches width
- 29 inches height
The ideal number of tropical fishes to have in your coffee table tank
- You can’t stock unlimited fish in any given tank. The number of tropical fish you can have in your fish tank depends on the volume of the tank.
- To be on the safe side, 1-inch of fish should be stocked per 3 gallons of water. This provides the fish room to grow as well as breath. Think about it. If you were 6 foot tall, you wouldn’t want a space that is exactly your height, would you?
- Think about the comfort of your fish. Don’t overcrowd your fish tank. The more fishes you have, the more frequent you will require maintenance and there will also be a higher the chances of diseases.
Don’t add tropical fish to the table fish tank right away
- Before you introduce your tropical fishes to their new home, you must make sure that their home is ready and inviting. While you can add tropical fishes to the fish tank right away, this would not be the right thing to do.
- The completion of the aquarium cycling process is essential before you add fishes to it. There are a number of products in the market that speed up this process.
What to do when you set up your tank and your tropical fishes start dying
- According to you, you did everything right. You set up the aquarium. You waited for it to complete its cycle process. You added your tropical fish to it. Alas, they started dying. If this happens to you, the chances are they are suffering from ammonia poisoning.
- To deal with this issue, you must regulate the amount of ammonia in the water.
Usability of tap water for fish tank
- There is no hard and fast rule that states that tap water cannot be used for filling fish tanks. In most cases, tap water is full of chlorine and chloramine. This makes tap water a hostile environment for fishes.
- If you are still persistent on using tap water, make sure you remove these chemicals before adding it to the fish tank.
The ideal frequency of water changes
- How many times you are required to change the water of your fish tank depends on the quality of your filter. Premium filters do not need water changes as often.
- If your tank does not have a lot of fishes, changing 10% of the water once a week will be more than enough.
- However, if your fish tank is home to a lot of fishes, you will need to change 25% of the water weekly and will also need to vacuum the gravel.
When to opt for a quarantine tank?
- For those of you who wish to guarantee that your fish remain alive for a long time, you should consider getting a quarantine tank. You might find the tank a bit expensive. But, in the long-run, it is a cost-effective investment.
What to do when you can’t find your fish:
- Yes, this happens. When you can’t find your fish, the first place to look for is around the tank. At times, fishes jump out. Unless you have a hood, such instances are quite common.
- If you have a secured fish tank, try looking inside the filter. We should warn you though – If your fish is inside the filter, then the chances of its survival are slim.
What is the perfect fish tank coffee table living room temperature?
- The ideal fish tank coffee table temperature depends on the type of species you have. There is no one temperature that suits all kinds of fishes.
- Broadly speaking, tropical fish thrive well in a temperature range of 72 °F to 78 °F. For the exact temperature, search for the requirement of your specific fish.
The authenticity of letting water sit for a day before using it to replace old water
- Back in the day, it was advised that if you wish to replace old fish tank water with new one, you should let the new water sit for a day or two. This is not as applicable now as it was before. This is because, in the olden days, chlorine was the only thing you had to worry about.
- Now, chloramines are also in the mix. To neutralize this element, you will need a neutralizing agent.
Aquarium coffee table light: On or off?
- Just like you need rest, your fishes do too.
- This is why it is advised that you turn off the light of the aquarium coffee table for 10 hours per day. This gives your fishes enough time to rest. They may not sleep like humans do, but they do need a quiet and dark place for relaxing.
Thanks for checking out my blog, and if you have questions, then be sure to message me on my brand new Facebook fan page for fish tank table enthusiasts!
And finally, check out our new pages for novelty fish tanks:
- Fish tank computer: turn your PC into a real live fish tank!
- Fish tank sink: Wash your hands while staring at swimming goldfish!
- Fish tank toilet: Flush your toilet while your fish swim safely above in a separate water department!